College Football

Sunday, December 6, 2015

NFL Week 13 Preview/Predictions

Hello, all. The boys are back for week 13 of NFL predictions. Let's get right into it

1:00 
The ''I don't have a good title for this'' game of the week
Texans (6-5) at Bills (5-6)

Joe: I really would like to see the Bills succeed, but it just does not appear to be happening this year. However, I think they will get it done today. They are playing against a red-hot Texans team, but Buffalo is at home which I think will give them a significant advantage. It's a tossup game, but I give the edge to the Bills, who I think will finish with a very average season. Expect the Buffalo Secondary to shine today.

Bills 27, Texans 17

Players to Watch: Bills secondary

Brad: Even match-up, but Buffalo has played stiffer competition.

David: Houston will keep riding hot and squeeze out a win

The ''who the hell cares'' game of the week
Ravens (4-7) at Dolphins (4-7)

Joe: Ugh. Dolphins by something. I don't care and neither should you.

The ''mismatch of the week.''
Bengals (9-2) at Browns (2-9)

Joe: Look at the records. I won't insult the intelligence of my readers by explaining why Cincinnati will win this game.

Bengals 34, Browns 10

Player to Watch: Andy Dalton 

Brad: Browns find ways to lose and won't be able to rebound from the ''block-six''.

David: Cleveland is flat lining

The ''I pray to God that Patrick Willis comes out of retirement'' game of the week
49ers (3-9) at Bears (5-6)

Joe: The 49ers are god awful while the Bears surprisingly are not. Jay Cutler is a gunslinger and I expect him to be throwing dimes all the livelong day. I have no reason to believe that San Fran will come into Solider Field and beat a surprisingly average Bears team, The smart thing for San Fran would be to try to lose every game from here on out to try and get the number one draft choice, although Cleveland will probably take that from them.

Bears 34, 49ers 14

Player to Watch: Jay Cutler

Brad: 49ers are trying to get the first pick..... hopefully

David: Everyone is picking Chicago, but I have a weird feeling that San Fran will pull it out on the road.

The ''Who the hell cares'' game of the week runner-up
Jaguars (4-7) at Titans (2-9)

Joe: This could have easily been my ''who the hell cares'' game of the week, but I do care about Blake Bortles and I do care about Allen Robinson, so every Jacksonville game is meaningful to me in some way. The Titans are god awful, and Jacksonville does have some offensive play-makers that can get the job done. Expect Bortles and Penn State hero Robinson to shine today.

Jags 23, Titans 13

Player to Watch: Allen Robinson 

Brad: The Jags could get back into the AFC South title race, and the Titans are trying to get the #1 pick.

David: I refuse in principle to ever pick Jacksonville to win.

The ''Tarvaris Jackson used to play for both of these teams'' game of the week
Seahawks (6-5) at Vikings (8-3)

Joe: This is going to be interesting. Both of these teams are good, but I feel that Seattle is starting to play their best football at the right time. I love the Vikings, but I expect their offense to struggle just like it did against Green Bay, and I expect Thomas Rawls to rush for 100+ yards just like Eddie Lacy did in that same game. Minnesota is simply playing the Hawks at the wrong time, folks.

Seahawks 31, Vikings 17

Player to Watch: Thomas Rawls 

Brad: Minnesota has played well all year while Seattle hasn't.

David: Vikings will prevail at home, in a tight game.

Hey Hey Tampa Bay, the Bucs are gonna shine
Atlanta (6-5) at Tampa Bay (5-6) 

Joe: Atlanta has arguably been the disappointment of the season, while the Bucs are a team on young and hungry team on the rise. I think I know who I like in this one. Also expect Matt Ryan to make a least one bad decision that will greatly impact the outcome of this game.

Bucs 31, Falcons 24

Player to Watch: Doug Martin

Brad: The Bucs may be the hottest non-playoff team, and they are facing the reeling Falcons, not to mention they are playing at home.

David: I will not stop picking against the Falcons

The ''Battle of New York.''
Jets (6-5) at Giants (5-6) 

Joe: I would like to pick the Jets here, but Darrelle Revis is out, which means that he will not be able to contain Odell Beckham Jr. OBJ will have a huge game, and that will be enough the give the Giants the edge.

Giants 34, Jets 20

Player to Watch: OBJ

Brad: The Giants will win the battle of the meadow lands and keep pace in the NFC East race.

David: I don't know why I always pick the Giants but what the hell.

''Good God, the Rams are disappointing'' 
Cardinals (9-2) at Rams (4-7)
Joe: Arizona= Focused, St. Louis: Bad. The fact that the Rams beat Arizona earlier in the season won't help out their cause, either.

Cardinals 35, Rams 17

 Player to Watch: Carson Palmer

Brad: Tempted to pick the Rams, but can't go against Carson Palmer and the Cards.

David: Cardinals. Duh.

4:05
My god, there are quite a few mismatches 
Broncos (9-2) at Chargers (3-8)
Joe: Look at the records. If you smell what the Brock is cooking.

Broncos 34, Chargers 20

Player to Watch: Who else but Brock Osweiler?

Brad: Denver. No explanation needed.

David: The Chargers suck. Long live Osweiler.

The ''AFL Throwback'' game of the week
Chiefs (6-5) at Raiders (5-6) 

Joe: I love me some Derek Carr, but KC is too hot to pick against right now.

Chiefs 30, Raiders 24

Player to Watch: Alex Smith (he can make big plays)

Brad: Oakland is very streaky, and I believe that they will pull out this victory at home and get back into the playoff race.

4:25
This is too easy.
Panthers (11-0) at Saints (4-7)
One of these teams is really good. Can you guess which one?
\
Panthers 30, Saints 20

Player to Watch: Greg Olsen (I just have a feeling) 

Eagles (4-7) at Patriots (11-1)
Joe: The Patriots may have lost last week, but I did not lose my man crush on #12. The god awful Eagles will get completely spanked in Foxborough today.


The Steelers are playing
Colts (6-5) at Steelers (6-5)

Joe; This is a must win for my Steelers, and I think they will get it done. The matchup between the Colts receivers and the Steelers secondary worries me, but I think that Big Ben will be slinging tonight, as the Colts don't have somebody like Richard Sherman to lock down AB. The Steelers defense won't make things easy for me, but the offense will be too much for Matt ''old man river'' Hasselbeck to handle.

Steelers 38, Colts 28

Player to Watch: Antonio Brown



Brad: The Steelers have home field advantage, and their defense will create turnovers.


Monday Night Football kind of sucks
Cowboys (3-8) at Redskins (5-6)
Joe: The Cowboys are 3-8 and playing without Tony Romo. The Redskins are tied for first in the NFC East and have something to play for. Shut up, Skip Bayless.

Redskins 20, Cowboys 14

Player to Watch: Ryan Kerrigan (2 sacks Monday night)


No comments:

Post a Comment