College Football

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Stew: Life as a Browns Fan






Life as a Browns Fan
By: Jeff Stewart


80-156

                     That is the Cleveland Browns' regular season and post season record from May 31, 2000 to the present day.  That was my birthday.  I was raised a Browns fan, my older brother is a Browns fan, my uncle is a Browns fan, my dad is a Browns fan, and my grandfather is a Browns fan.  Throughout my life time the Browns have had two winning seasons, that I can not even remember.  We all want us to win so bad. So, whenever something like the loss to Baltimore happens we remember that we invent ways to lose.  Like my dad says, "Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".  

                     Prior to this year, every loss hurt to me.  I carried the defeat with me wherever I went for the next couple of days.  This year, however, it is different.  I no longer feel upset when we lose.  When we lose I just get up and do something else, it doesn't make me grumpy or upset.  That is how accustomed I have become to losing.  If we had the success of the Cardinals, Falcons, etc. and we have a chance of making the playoffs year in and year out every loss would hurt.  But losing doesn't hurt the Browns and it's fan base, mostly because we can't get any lower on the food chain.  We just keep on believing and that is why we WILL get better. 
                      We just keep on hoping that the next coach, the next quarterback is the one.   I am fully behind Josh McCown and that he might be the future for the Browns until we get a elite QB.  Now for Johnny Manziel, the way he acted and the way that Austin Davis has played,  I am fully agree with the coaching staff and moving Manziel to third string.  Austin Davis looked good in the last few moments and almost led us to victory.  Now we will only know with time if Davis is the one.  After all Tom Brady was drafted 199th overall.  But the biggest thing I have learned from being a Browns fan is anything can happen.  In fact, I still thought we would find a way to lose when Travis Coons was lining up for the game-winning field goal.  So, you never can tell Austin Davis could be the future of the Browns.  
I sure hope he is because this team deserves a championship soon. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment