College Football

Sunday, October 4, 2015

NFL Week 4 Picks


Hello everybody. Welcome to Week 4 of our NFL Picks. After a slow first two weeks of the season, I, Joseph Arthur Smeltzer, had a fantastic Week 3, as I went 13-3 on my picks, moving my total to a group best 29-19. Jeff and I are currently 0-1 on our picks for this week, as my beloved Steelers could not come through. Hopefully the rest of Week 4 will provide further evidence that I am a rather intelligent fella.

9:30
Jets  (2-1) at Dolphins  (1-2)
God Save Our Gracious Queen
It is again that time of year when the NFL goes to England, and this year the league will be represented at Wembley Stadium by the AFC East. The Jets have performed above expectations this season, while the Dolphins are off to a disappointing 1-2 start. I think that things will balance themselves out a little bit for the Fish. I still think that they are a better football team than the Jets, as New York has yet to see a QB this season as good as Ryan Tannehill is. The former Texas Aggie will have a big game, and will be a big factor in a Miami victory. Both teams suffered tough Week 3 defeats, but while New York losing to the Eagles was disappointing, the Dolphins were flat out embarrassed by the Buffalo Bills, and I think that Miami will be well motivated to bounce back against the Jets. Ryan is the only one who does not see Miami winning. 24-14 Dolphins

1:00
Giants (1-2) at Bills (2-1)
The horsemen ride together. Aside from a Week 2 loss to the defending Super bowl champs, the Bills have looked outstanding, and I do not expect the mediocre Giants to slow them down. The Giants simply are not ready to contend, while I think the Bills are very close, if not ready, to make some noise in the AFC. If LeSean McCoy finally has the breakout game that he is capable of, it could get real ugly for Eli Manning and company. 34-17 Bills

Panthers (3-0) at Buccaneers
(1-2)
This could be a trap game for Carolina, but I think that they will survive. We are split here, as Brad and Ryan both have the Bucs winning, while Jeff and I picked the Panthers. Carolina is clearly the better team in this game, but playing a bad team on the road can sometimes lead to trouble for a playoff contender. Nonetheless, I think the combination of Cam Newton and the Carolina defense will still be too strong for Tampa Bay to overcome. I see Jameis Winston playing well, but eventually faltering in the final drive of the 4th quarter to seal a Carolina victory. Brad sees home field advantage being the difference in a close Bucs victory, but I'm still taking the Cats. 24-20 Panthers.

''Who the Hell Cares'' Game of the Week
Raiders (2-1) at Bears (0-3)
The Chicago Bears have been outscored 74-23 in the past twp
games. Derek Carr and Amari Cooper are going to rip them to shreds. I don't foresee either of these two teams in the playoffs, and the Bears might just be the worst team in the NFL. So, I think this is a good pick for my ''who the hell cares'' game of the week. 34-13 Raiders. Not that I care.

Chiefs (1-2) at Bengals (3-0)
We are split again, as Brad and Jeff have the Bengals, while Ryan and I picked the Chiefs. This is an interesting match up. Cincinnati is a solid 3-0, while KC has had the misfortune of playing two very good teams in Denver and Green Bay and are 1-2 as a result. Although Cincinnati is playing at home, I do not seem them starting off 4-0, and I think that Justin Houston and Tamba Hali will make life tough for Andy Dalton, as the Chiefs have an outstanding pass rush. The Chiefs are too good to start 1-3, while the Bengals are not quite good enough to start 4-0. 20-13 Chiefs. Brad said that Cincinnati is simply ''playing too well''. Well Brad, all good things must come to an end.

Texans (1-2) at Falcons( 3-0)
The Texans have not impressed me too much this season, and I don't think facing Matt Ryan and Juilo Jones will cure any of their problems. The Falcons offense is simply fantastic, and I do not see the Houston secondary slowing them down enough to pull out a win. Playing in the Georiga Dome is always a big advantage for Atlanta, which is another reason why I think they will get the job done on Sunday. Jeff is the only horseman who sees Houston having anything other than a problem, as he stated that the Texans defense would be able to stop Juilo Jones. I think he is wrong.31-20 Falcons.

Jaguars (1-2) at Colts (1-2)
Although both teams have the same record, this is a mismatch. Jacksonville's performance in New England showed just how far this team has to go to become respectable, while the Colts appear to have found their offensive mojo last week in Tennessee. Andrew Luck will pick apart the Jags secondary, although I do not expect Indy to put up 50+ points the way New England did. 41-17 Colts.

Eagles (1-2) at Redskins (1-2)
We are all united. While the Eagles have not yet lived up to their potential, the Redskins never had  much potential to begin with. The Eagles had a encouraging showing last week against the Jets, and I expect that to carry over in the nations capitol. I feel that the Eagles have too much talent to lose to a team like the Redskins. Brad agrees, stating that the ''Eagles offense will explode against a weak Washington defense.''  34-14 Eagles.

4:05
Browns (1-2) at Chargers (1-2)
Yes, it says at top that I picked the Browns to win. Well, I made that prediction assuming that the Cleveland coaching staff would learn from last weeks home loss to Oakland and start Johnny Manziel behind center instead of Josh McCown. But, since McCown is starting on the road at San Diego, I do not expect Cleveland to pull out a win. My fellow horsemen have also picked the Bolts, with Jeff summing things up by saying that ''the Browns are bad''. With McCown under center, I agree with Jeff. 27-17 Chargers.

4:25
Vikings (2-1) at Broncos (2-1)
The Vikings are on a two game winning streak, sparked by the return of Adrian Peterson. However, I do not think that AP will save them this week as I still do not see Minnesota as a playoff contender. Denver, on the other hand, has a realistic shot to get to the Superbowl, and Peyton Manning will pick apart the Viking secondary, as he has done to so many others, and it will be just another day at the office for the Broncos. 38-14 Denver.

Rams (1-2) at Cardinals (2-1)
As of right now, Arizona is my pick to win the NFC. While St. Louis will give Carson Palmer and company more of a challenge than in past weeks, I still see Arizona winning by a fairly comfortable margin. We are all in agreement here, as Jeff stated: ''Superbowl team here, and they'll win in a blowout.'' 35-14 Cards.

Green Bay(3-0) at San Francisco(1-2)

San Fransisco has allowed 90 points in their past two games, and Green Bay has Aaron Rodgers. I think I have a fairly good idea of how this game is going to turn out. San Fran is playing at home, but it won't make a difference. 42-14 Packers.

8:30
Cowboys (2-1) at Saints (1-2)
I am the lone ranger out of us four in picking the Saints, but I really expect an upset here. The Cowboys are extremely depleted on offense without Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, and New Orleans will be sparked by a returning Drew Brees and a rocking Superdome. The Saints offense attack is still dangerous, while the Cowboys defense is struggling, and I think the Brees will enjoy throwing against the Dallas secondary. It will be a close game with a lot of scoring. Brad sees Big D coming up on top, stating: ''New Orleans isn't winning at home anymore''. I see things differently, and the Saints will become the second NFC South team in the past two weeks to cause loneliness in the Lone Star State. 34-31 Saints.

Monday Night
Lions (0-3) at Seahawks (1-2)
The Lions are on the brink of a nightmare season in the Motor City, and playing at Quest Field will not help them. The return of Kam Chancellor has rejuvenated the Seahawks defense, as the Chicago Bears learned last week when they were shutout by Seattle. The Lions sputtering offense is going to do minimal damage against Seattle. 33-7 Seahawks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment