College Football

Saturday, October 17, 2015

MLB: Predictions for NL/ALCS

It's league championship series time, and my cousins and I have given our predictions as to who will advance to the Fall Classic. Let's get into it.

NLCS
Ryan is the lone ranger in picking the Mets here, stating that New York having homefield advantage will be the difference and boldly predicting that Jake Arietta will lose his first start. Brad has the Cubs, stating that Arietta, as well as John Lester will be able to contain the Mets bats while also pointing out that the Cubs were in a tougher division than New York was. I am going with the Cubs in 5 games. It amazed me how good they looked against St. Louis, and I do not think the Mets have enough firepower to shut them down. New York has had a great run, but Chicago is just too good of a team and currently are my favorites to win the whole thing.

ALCS
We are split here, as Ryan and I have the Blue Jays in 7 while Brad and Jeff have the Royals. Brad explained that he felt the Royals are a better all around team than the Jays, and predicted that Tronto would make defensive mistakes that would cost them the series. Ryan predicts that David Price will bounce back to shut down the Royal bats in game 2 and that Tronto's pitching would continue to be steady for the rest of the series. I think that Tronto has been the best team in baseball for the past 2 months. It will be a hard-fought series, but Tronto's offensive talent will be too much in the end.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy watching the playoffs unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment