College Football

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Good teams win, great teams cover part XI

No college games this week. All NFL. Let's go.


Joe
Bills -3.5 over Jets
Buffalo stinks slightly less than the Jets do.

Browns +1.0 over Panthers
Carolina has hit a wall, while by the lake, Baker Mayfield is developing into a leader. It seems like the Browns let me down quite a bit when I pick them, so I'll cautiously say Cleveland by seven.

Saints -8 over Bucs
New Orleans is coming off its first loss in more than two months and playing against a putrid Tampa Bay defense. Even on the road, give me the Saints to bounce back by three TD's.

Steelers -10.0 over Raiders
I know this is the type of game the Steelers lose. After two straight stinkers, however, I don't see Pittsburgh falling again. I still think Oakland keeps it somewhat close, but the Steelers at -10 is a solid pick.

Bears -3.0 over Rams 
LA hasn't lost in a while, and it will be playing on the road in cold weather. Meanwhile, the Bears pass rush is excellent, and they're getting Mitch Turbisky back on offense. I also think Chicago will use last weeks loss to the Giants as motivation for Sunday night, so yeah, I'm loving the Bears' chances.

Ravens +6.5 over Chiefs
Without Kareem Hunt, it will be challenging for the Chiefs to go against Baltimore's defense, which is among footballs best. I don't expect the Ravens to win unless Lamar Jackson can have a big game through the air, but I think KC is in for a dogfight. Take Baltimore to cover.

Cowboys -3.0 over Eagles
Dallas is on fire. The Cowboys handled Philly at the Linc, and they'll do it again in Jerry World. 

Packers -4.5 over Falcons
Two of football's biggest disappointments square off. Aaron Rodgers can't lose forever, can he?

Rutz
Cleveland +1.5 over Carolina
 Baker, don't make me regret this. Browns win a rugged game at home over struggling Panthers.

Minnesota +3.5 over Seattle
The Vikings are a better team than the Seahawks. Although I still see them losing, it will be by a field goal or less in a tough environment.

New England -7.5 over Miami
 The Dolphins have given Brady fits over the years but I feel like the Patriots should win this one by at least 10.

New Orleans -8 over Tampa Bay
The Saints will bounce back with rout of the Bucs.

Green Bay -4.5 over Atlanta
Atlanta is going nowhere fast. As bad as the Packers are, they're 4-1-1 at home and should win by a touchdown.

Baltimore +6.5 over Kansas City
 I like the Ravens D to make this a tight game.

Buffalo -3.5 over NY Jets
If New York couldn't close last week, I feel the demoralizing feeling carries over and the Bills roll.

Detroit -2.5 over Arizona
The Cardinals upset last week notwithstanding, they're a lousy team and the Lions have more talent.


Jeff
Panthers (-1) vs Browns
Gut feeling.

Buffalo (-4) over Jets
The Jets are terrible

Saints (-8) over Bucs
Tampa's defense won’t be able to stop the Saints

Giants(-3.5) over Redskins
Mark Sanchez won’t be able to keep up with the firepower on the Giants offense.

Chargers(-14) over Bengals
I live in Ohio now and let me tell you, the Bengals are the armpit of the NFL. Dysfunctional on both sides of the ball and in the GM chair.

Steelers(-10) over Raiders
The Steelers will come out strong and actually finish this time.

Rams(-3) over Bears 
Chicago will finally have to play an explosive offense and will struggle.

Vikings (+3) over Seahawks
Minnesota is the more complete team.

No comments:

Post a Comment