College Football

Sunday, October 9, 2016

NFL Week 5 Preview





Patriots at Browns:
Joe: The king is back. The Browns are dead 

Jeff: just wait on it!

Brad: Brady's back.

Philadelphia at Detroit:
Joe: Will the Eagles come back to earth? Eventually. But the Lions are a joke, and they will not be the first team to stop Carson "Big Ben 2.0" Wentz

Eagles 33, Lions 14

Jeff: somehow they are doing pretty good this year!

Brad:  The Eagles are a good team, not a great one.  But the Lions are no match for them.  Eagles will win, probably big.


Chicago at Indianapolis: 
Joe: Two terrible teams. But the thing is, one of them actually has a chance of turning things 
around. And it ain't the Bears. 



Colts 35, Bears 20

Jeff: Colts defense couldn't stop the jags, won't stop the Bears

Brad:  Indianapolis has been awful this season.  That will continue against a mediocre Bears team.  

Tennessee at Miami:

Joe: Who cares? Tennessee, I guess. 

Jeff: Dolphins dont look too impressive, I think the Titans will run the ball like crazy and beat em

Brad:  Dolphins will be able to beat the Titans.  I expect Lamar Miller to have a huge day against this 
defense.  It will be a good game, but the Fins will pull away late.


Houston at Minnesota:
Joe: The Vikings are a good football team, but my gut tells me they are due for a bit of a reality check. I'm high on Brock Osweiler and the Texans, and see them getting a big road W here.




Texans 17, Minnesota 10

Jeff: Vikings have played well all year and the Texans have not

Brad:  The Vikings are 4-0 because of their defense who have shut down star after star this season.  No way is Brock Osweiler able to crack the code.



NY Jets at Pittsburgh:
Joe: I made a separate preview for this one, pal. 

Jeff: Jets will hold them close but the steelers will pull away In the second half

Brad: I see this as a potentail trap game for the Steelers, but Bell & Co. won't be stopped. Brandon Marshall should just leave the car at Antonio Brown's place while he is already in Pittsburgh.


Washington at Baltimore:
Joe: The Redskins are, at best, a mediocre football team. The Ravens are 3-1, but have not been 
impressive. Fairly uninteresting game, but I'll take the Ravens. Flacco will give his heart to the hometown fans.


Ravens 31, Redskins 21 




Jeff: redskins didn't look too impressive last week.

Brad: The Redskins almost lost to the Browns.  Nuff said.









Atlanta at Denver:
Joe: The Falcons have had a nice little run, but they are playing the champs in their backyard. Regardless of who is playing QB, Demver's defense can shut down anybody. Atlanta's hot streak will be halted at the hands of Von Miller and co. 

Jeff: they are really good and Paxton Lynch will play great replacing Seiman

Brad: Denver will win because their defense is better than the Falcons offense.  And the Broncos' offense is better than the Falcons defense.



Cincinnati at Dallas:
Joe: This is a toss up, but I think that Cincy is due for a big win. Dallas ha not played a team like the Bungles yet, and although I don't want it to happen, I think the Cowboys offense will have a roadblock against Cincy's impressive D. 

Bungles 28, Cowboys 17
Jeff: Cowboys can run the ball and I think they will run all over the bengals

Brad:  This is a must win game against the Bengals and I expect Elliott to have trouble facing the 
Cincinnati defense. 

San Diego at Oakland:
Joe: If you've read my earlier previews, you know how I feel about Derek Carr and Amari Cooper. The pitiful Chargers will not slow down the Silver and Black attack.



Raiders 34, Chargers 14. 


Jeff: Raiders don't have enough offense to beat the chargers

Brad:  I seem to pick the Chargers every week and they let me down last week.  This is the week they can hold their lead.  I think?

Buffalo at Los Angeles:
Joe: No, Jeff. It is the Bills who "aren't that good". While I'm not sold on LA quite yet,I still like them enough to take out a suspect Buffalo team at home. The Rams defense wok shut down Tyrod Taylor, and the LA Express will keep rolling along. 

Rams 20, Bills 10 
Jeff: Rams just aren't that good

Brad:  The Rams were able to defeat the Seahawks.  I see no reason why they would lose to Buffalo.

NY Giants at Green Bay:
Joe: Aaron Rodgers. Primetime. Ball game. 

Packers 35, Giants 20. 

Jeff: should be an easy win for the pack

Brad:  The Packers are just a better team than the Giants.  I expect a close game, but the Packers will end up winning.

Tampa Bay at Carolina:
Joe: Jameis Winston> Derek Anderson. It will be close,but the loss of Super Cam will be too much for the reeling Panthers do overcome. I don't know if anybody saw a 1-4 start coming for Carolina, but it just light be happening.

Bucs 20, Panthers 13
Jeff: should be a really good MNF game, expect the panthers d to disappoint again

Brad:  The Panthers have been a let down this year.  But Derek Anderson will right the ship.  Yes I believe that.  I expect a blow out win for Carolina and there will even be a QB controversy for next week's game against the Saints.


No comments:

Post a Comment